I purchased a package of 6 microfiber cloths from Marshall's for $2.99.
Brought them home, ripped off the old swiffer cover and recovered it with pretty microfiber cloth! Then I took it for a test drive and it worked like a charm!
Throw it in the wash (I wash mine with rugs and other "yucky" wash) and it's ready to use next time! By having six in rotation, I will never need to buy a box of swiffer refills again!

Hi! I'm visiting from MBC. Great blog.
ReplyDeleteI have been thinking about this. Not sure how often we have a whole load of "yucky" wash, but I may just try it.
ReplyDeleteGood idea! Also, i thought I'd mention that we use a rechargeable cordless vacuum for dust, crumbs, fur, etc on our hard floors. Then I use my Shark Steam Pocket mop for cleaning floors- no cleaner required, just steam to sanitize and you wash the cloths after each use. It was a bit of an adjustment weaning myself off of my beloved Swiffer that I had used for 9+ years before deciding I needed to reduce my use of disposable cleaning products and chemical cleaners.
ReplyDelete