CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 12, 2010

...with the homemade dishwasher soap.










The one thing I love about becoming more "green", is that it also saves me money!
I recently noticed I was running low on soap for the dishwasher. Instead of scouring the ads for dishwasher soap coupons, I instead looked online for recipes to make my own soap. Not only is it eco-friendly, but it is also much cheaper!
There are several recipes out there for dishwasher soap. I chose the simplest one I could find...I figured I'd start with this, and if it didn't meet my needs than I would try another recipe later. So far, this recipe has done the trick!
Here's what I am using:
1 cup of washing soda (made by Arm and Hammer....you can use baking soda too)
1 cup of borax (buy this in the laundry detergent aisle)

Mix thoroughly. Put in a recycled jar (I used an old candle jar!) to store.
Use 2 tablespoons per load.
Use vinegar in the rinse compartment as a rinse aid to help prevent residue buildup.

Voila! That's it. Easy. Green. Cheap!

1 comment:

  1. I just got all my ingredients in the mail last week to make a recipe just like this- except it also calls for 1/2c of citric acid. I'm so happy to have a way to use "green" dishwasher soap without paying an arm and a leg!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails