CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 15, 2011

...with the Recipe book idea...and Strawberry Honey-Butter.


If you think you've been reading a lot about recipes on my blog lately, that's because you are. I have decided to use my blog as a way to "collect" some of my favorite recipes and when I have plenty of them saved up, I am going to make a photo recipe book. I know I'm not the first person to do this, it's actually something I've thought of doing in the past. Just recently I decided I better finally get around to actually doing it though. You see...I tend to print out a recipe and after I've made the recipe I hang it on my refridgerator to live. We've got about 15 pieces of paper hanging off the door of our refridgerator right now. They have always made my husband batty...and well now, there are so many that it's driving me crazy too! In addition, some recipes tend to walk off from time to time (meaning Elena snags one off the door and runs off with it) and then I have to reprint the recipe.
So there you have it, my goal is to take a picture of each recipe I want included in the photo book (and blog about it!) and once I've collected enough I will "design" the book and have it printed.

Here is my latest recipe. I found this linked online and when I saw the picture I just knew I had to make it. Strawberry honey-butter! Yum. It smells so good and tastes so good....I could have eaten it like ice cream....except that it's butter, and that would NOT be a good thing for one's stomach!
It was easy to make and filled the house with a sweet aroma!
After making it I decided I needed to make something special for it to be eaten with, so I found a simple recipe for Buttermilk Scones (I had a lot of buttermilk that needed to be used up, so I specifically searched for a scone recipe using it!).

Just a note on the strawberry butter...it made enough to fill 3 of my yogurt jars (what you see in the picture) and they each hold about 7-8 fluid ounces. This would make a great gift for someone!

Strawberry Honey Butter Recipe is here, along with picture tutorial.
Buttermilk Scones (aka Coffehouse Scones)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails