There's no hiding the fact that I am a coffee shop "junkie". I looooove me a nice cup of jo from pretty much any coffee shop. I don't actually drink regular old coffee. I'm more of an espresso girl myself. I love lattes and mochas.
Now that the weather is *trying* to get warmer around these parts, I find myself wanting one of the cold espresso beverages from the coffee shop. Problem is, is that the darn things cost an arm and a leg, and now that I am on maternity leave and making zero dollars, I feel guilty indulging in a drink. So I decided I needed to come up with an alternative. Here's what I came up with:
1. Get a job at a coffee shop just so I could learn the recipes to all my favorite drinks, quit said job and begin making my own coffee shop drinks at home.
2. Befriend a barista and twist their arm until they gave me the coffee drink recipes, then ditch the "friend"...unless they really were a cool person.
3. Google the darn recipe and try em out.
So, after much thought, I came to the conclusion that option #3 was easiest and less time consuming :)
The first recipe I Googled was "Starbuck's Iced Vanilla Latte".
Luckily, the first recipe I tried out was a winner and lucky for you, I am sharing it!
Iced Vanilla Latte
Mix together:
4 pumps of vanilla syrup (approx. 4 tablespoons...I used 3 tbsp and it was plenty sweet)
2 shots of espresso
9 ounces of cold milk
6 ounces of ice
To me, this tasted like the REAL thing! Now I get to save myself $4.50 and make my own. Thank goodness too, because I really didn't want to have to dig out my resume and apply for a job!

No comments:
Post a Comment