BOY!
Say hi!
Which means I have some shopping to do! I will most definitely be found shopping the post-holiday sales in the near future! Because the baby is a boy...it has me rethinking the whole "reusing the nursery" scenario I posted about previously.
You see, the spare bedroom that we were going to move Elena into is blue. Yes, I was going to make my girl have a blue room. I love the color blue. Girls don't have to be all girly and pink. Blue can be girly too ;) But now I am throwing around the idea of keeping her in her room (turquiose in color and gender neutral for the most part) and putting Baby Boy in the blue room. The only problem we are running into is that Elena's crib, dresser and rocker are a dark espresso wood color and I don't like that color combo with the darker blue walls. The existing furniture in the blue room is black and white and I intended to keep it that way when Elena was moved in there. So now I may put Baby Boy in the blue room, let Elena keep her turquoise room...but do what with the furniture arrangement??? I realize this is confusing to anyone reading...I am really just thinking out loud here!
My options are to:
1.) borrow a white crib and dresser from my sister to put in the blue room for Baby Boy. Keep Elena with her dark espresso furniture in her current room and buy the toddler rail for her crib and then later down the road buy the full size bed conversion rails to convert her bed to a full size.
2.) Move Elena into the blue room and she will temporarily use the borrowed white crib until she is ready to transition to a twin bed (which we already have). Baby Boy will then get the same entire nursery that Elena has, furniture and all. A few decorations would have to be changed out because they are girly (I made them especially for Elena), but I could make something for Baby Boy so he doesn't feel left out on the homemade art!
3.)Get over my color combo weirdness and put the dark espresso crib, dresser and rocker in the darker blue room for Baby Boy. Set the twin bed up for Elena in the turquoise room and keep her in there, with no need to change out decorations.
Decisions, decisions! Who wants to make it for me???

So Cute!!!
ReplyDeleteIf you can keep Elena in her crib for a bit, I think that would be easiest on you. We switched Lu to her toddler bed at 2 years old and she did well. I would say keep the nursery where it is and borrow the furniture from your sister for short term - (ps - why does Mary have a crib?!?!?)
Then, hit up Ikea for some good, cheap, kid friendly white furniture for her big girl room.
Can't wait to meet Ricky Jr.!
If you put baby boy in the blue room, what will you do about a rocking chair, since it won't be white?
ReplyDeleteI'll go shopping with you! And to Ikea too :) Ryan has a truck, hint hint I've had my eye on a crib at Ikea so it would be great fun! Otherwise, we can have a playdate at your house and I can check out the blue room and give you my thoughts. I didn't even look at it while I was there!
ReplyDelete