CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 10, 2010

...where I grew a baby.

I realized the other day as I was reading thru my posts that I have neglected to mention to my blog readers that my family will be growing by one more human being, on or around May 6th, 2011. Yep, that's right, baby #2 is on the way!

So, technically I am still growing a baby...not finished yet. Still have another 21 weeks to go. Today, I am 19 weeks pregnant.

So far, I would compare this pregnancy as being pretty dang similiar to my pregnancy with Elena. I have had headaches this time around, which I didn't have with Elena.

In one week from today we will have our ultrasound to see how the baby is doing and we have chosen to find out the baby's gender as well. We found out with Elena, so we decided to find out again. Because really, if it's a boy, I have some shopping to do ;)

Once again I am looking forward to labor and delivery. I know, that sounds strange. I felt the same way with Elena too...I actually couldn't wait to experience labor! Hopefully things will go as smoothly as they did with Elena and we will be blessed with a labor and delivery that goes according to our hopes and wishes. What are the chances I will deliver on my due date again?!?! I was told by our midwife that only 4% of babies are born on their due date...I wonder how low that percentage is for mom's to deliver twice on their due date?!?!

Now that baby #2 is on the way, I have been trying to make a mental list of the baby supplies we will need. It's much different this time around, because we pretty much saved everything from Elena, so there will be no need to buy as much stuff. Baby #2 is going to be a bargain!

We will be using Elena's nursery for the new baby and Elena will be moved into a new bedroom, so there will be no need for additional nursery furniture, etc.

So far, my list consists of:
an infant carseat (we borrowed one last time but have since returned it - unless we decide to skip an infant seat and just use a convertible seat from the get-go)

new nipples for the bottles we used last time (for the sake of cleanliness!)

a few new crib sheets (Elena has 3 and they are getting a little worn)

...wow, that's all I can think of. I must be missing something...blame it on the pregnancy brain! Good thing I have another 21 weeks to think this over!

The one thing I have already purchased for baby #2 is newborn cloth diapers. I have about half of what I used for Elena (the other half I sold because they weren't my favorites) and I recently purchased more newborn sizes during a few sales I came across online. I can't wait to try out some of the new diapers that I didn't have with Elena. Here's what the newborn stash looks like so far:

2 comments:

  1. Even though I feel like I've known for ages. Congrats again! I can't wait for our second little ones to be as close together in age as Elena and Bella... I see plenty of playdates in our future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome to borrow our Chicco infant seat - we have 2 bases for it too. Let me know! ALso, don't forget that you don't have to buy stuff for the nursery - but now you have to buy all the stuff for Elena's big girl room..... I kinda forgot about that expense.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails