
I have had my DSLR Canon camera now for a little over 3 years and I am still learning how to use it!
When I bought the camera I knew I wanted to learn all the various functions of it, and not just use it on automatic. I have upgraded my lens and even have an external flash now. I have slowly been learning the different camera settings, with the help of online tutorials. For the last year or so I have been using my camera with semi-automatic settings (meaning I chose some of the settings and the camera chose some).
Most recently though I decided to switch my camera dial to the big "M". Manual. :::insert scary music:::
This means I choose ALL the settings now.
It really was scary at first. I was scouring the internet for "guidelines" to give me an idea of what kind of settings I should use in certain situations. But honestly, just taking pictures throughout the day and switching the settings constantly was what helped the most.
So fast forward to the holidays. The hubs and I and our two kids went to Puerto Rico for 2.5 weeks. I of course brought my camera along and left it on "manual" the entire trip. I continued to learn more about manual settings because I was working with completely different lighting situations (as in MORE light, unlike the dark, dreary light I have here in Wisconsin!)
So needless to say, my pictures are looking better, but I still have a LOT to learn.
The next thing I really want to learn is editing my pictures. I have a Photoshop Elements program, but it is SO intimidating. It has a lot of terminology that I just don't understand. So that is my next goal: learning to edit photos in Photoshop.
I have been playing around with some editing programs and was able to edit quite a few of my photos. Some of them look great and others....not so great!
Here are a few of my before and after photos.



No comments:
Post a Comment