CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 11, 2011

...with the productive weekend.

This past weekend my mom came to visit, which allowed to me to check a few things off my long list of "things to do before the baby arrives". The great thing about moms, is they always come bearing gifts. She brought with her a jar of fresh maple syrup that my dad tapped from the maple trees recently. She also brought 4 pre-made casserole meals to freeze.


My mom was able to entertain Elena while I kept busy. We ran a few errands to the craft store to pick up some supplies for a project I want her to crochet for me and we hit up the local spice store to replenish a few things I have used up while preparing meals for my maternity leave.

The rest of the weekend was spent finishing up the meat meals I wanted to get done.
It was productive to say the least, but I still didn't start/finish the baking, but such is life. I had wanted to bake some scones, muffins, pancakes, etc to make breakfast time a little easier/quicker. Hopefully this baby will stay put for another few weeks so I can slowly finish up on my days off. (This morning while Elena ate breakfast I was able to make some pancakes (with sweet potatoes) to freeze).

Here's what we accomplished this weekend. I have included some of the recipes...remember, these are all recipes I have tried before, so I won't be surprised when it comes time to eat.

All the meat was cut up, portioned into family sizes, marinated/seasoned and then vacuum packed in a Seal n Saver we received for our wedding 4.5 years ago!

Here's what now takes up residence in our deep freezer:
4 packages of ribs flavored with this seasoning
3 packages of hamburgers (some are teriyaki flavored using the same recipe I used for meatloaf, others I used a spice mix)
3 packages of boneless pork chops (I used this recipe to season the chops....will make the salsa at the time the chops are actually cooked).
flank steak for fajitas
2 flank steaks for kabobs
3 packages of veggies meatballs (these are cooked and ready to go)

Our freezer is pretty darn packed now, so I think it's safe to say that I am pretty much done preparing meals. I have decided not to make any casserole meals of my own, because I don't have the space and I want to relax a little before this baby comes too!

In other baby news, we received our infant car seat in the mail! My husband took it out of the box and left it sitting in the living room. I walked in to find this:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails