CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 13, 2010

...with Elena at 9 months.


Elena is now 9 months old as of May 5th. I can't believe how fast the last 9 months have flown by. She has changed so much from day 1 until now! Everyday she continues to amaze me. It's funny how such a small bundle of a person can have so much love and happiness balled up inside of them. Elena is definitely a happy baby. She is spoiling us as parents, that's for sure!
Of course, Elena can't turn 9 months old without having another photo session with Becky and a check up with the pediatrician!
Earlier this week I took Elena to have her 9 month photos taken by Becky at a cute little flower/garden nursery. Elena was none too happy to being photographed. For the first 15 minutes, she was okay, but after that she only wanted to be held by me. She wouldn't even tolerate sitting on my lap. I took time to nurse her, thinking maybe she was just hungry (she had napped right before the photo session), but that didn't do the trick either. I was really bummed about Elena not being in the mood for having her photo taken, as I can't stress enough how cute this nursery was. I also had picked out a very cute dress for her to wear with an equally cute headband, but by the time I put her in outfit #2 (the dress), she had pretty much already checked out of the photo session! We haven't seen the proofs yet, but Becky is a great photographer, so I know she will have been able to capture at least a few good images of Elena.
After we left the photo session, we headed to the pediatrician's office for her 9 month check up. Elena weighs in at 14 pounds 5.5 ounces and is 25.75 inches long. She is still holding up the bottom end of the growth curve...but somebody's got to, right? That's what it's there for! She is healthy though, so that's what is most important.
Here's a snippet of Elena at 9 months:
*She's a morning person. She is so happy, smiley, talkative in the morning hours (she does not get this from me!)
*She continues to be a great eater! She is now eating 3 meals per day - I would say her favorites are banana's and mangoes. But she also really likes the ricotta cheese I just started giving her mixed with fruit too!
*She pulled herself to a standing position (from sitting) just before her 9 month "birthday".
*She says "mamamamama", "dadadadadada", "bababababa", "nanananaba" and sometimes "papapapapa".
*She loves to play peek a boo, read books and play with her stacking cups.
*She doesn't crawl yet, but the does scoot backwards.
*She scoots all over the floor when sitting on her butt by pivoting her legs and butt.
*She loves to hug her daddy and I now. She has a strong grip!
*She has 2 bottom teeth.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails