CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 27, 2010

...with my CSA creations!

Our first CSA box was a success! I was able to find something to do with all the veggies in the box! Even Elena benefited from the CSA box...she was the lucky recipient of the asparagus! Poor girl...the husband and I both hate asparagus, so I decided to whip up some asparagus puree and see if Elena would eat it! Surprisingly, the girl quite enjoyed it! Don't know who she gets that from!

Would you believe I have never eaten or cooked with rhubarb before! It was on the list of foods "that look weird, therefore I don't like them even though I've never tried it". Well, rhubarb has officially been removed from that list! I found a recipe online for rhubarb coffee cake. OMG. This was the best coffee cake I have ever made. Here's a picture of the final coffee cake...I'm not quite sure where the rest of the coffee cake went ;) And if you are interested in the recipe, you can find it here.
The other new recipe I made was Penne with Ricotta and Green Garlic Sauce. Our CSA box contained green garlic (which looks like scallions on steroids). This recipe was simple, easy and quick. The recipe can be found here.
I can't wait to see what the rest of the CSA season holds for us! I am looking forward to trying out more new recipes! The one thing I enjoy so far, is that it forces me to meal plan (I have not given up on that!).

1 comment:

  1. WOW! That rhubarb crumb cake is AMAZING, I made it tonight and I cannot stop eating it

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails