CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 8, 2010

...with the WillowSprouts Nursing Pads review and GIVEAWAY!!!

We have a winner! Thanks to everyone for participating and CONGRATS to Ben's Mommy!
Even if you didn't win, stay tuned for more giveaways!

Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers:

9




As you may have read before, I use hemp inserts for Elena's cloth diapers from the Willow Store. I love the hemp diaper inserts! After purchasing, using and loving the hemp inserts from Willow Store, I headed on over to their website to check out what other products they have available. I contacted The WillowStore and they so kindly sent me a pair of their Organic Hemp Fleece Nursing Pads to try out and review.
As a nursing mama, there isn't anything I wouldn't do to take good care of my "insert favorite name for boobies here!". I've dealt with some pretty bad leaking myself, and finding the right nursing pads can be difficult!

First, a little about the Willow Store! It all started back in 2005, when mom Catherine created WillowPads, reusable feminine pads that maximize absorption while minimizing bulk. WillowPads products are the ultimate in reusable cloth pads, and can be used as maxi pads or panty liners simply by adding or removing inserts.

Shortly after launching WillowPads, Catherine expanded her product line to offer additional solutions for modern families. WillowSprouts has grown to offer reusable nursing pads, baby wipes, and diapers. True to their mission, WillowSprouts emphasizes premium quality, with the greenest possible organic solutions and nothing to throw away.

Seeing a further need for sustainable products to replace disposable ones, she also created EveryDay Willow, a line of uniquely enhanced products for the home: from a replacement to the common paper towel to naturally healthy pillows and more.

Back to the Nursing Pads! The Organic Hemp Fleece Nursing Pads are made with organic cotton/hemp fleece material that's twice as absorbent as cotton but plushy soft! When I received my nursing pads, I opened the package and played with the pads in my hands. They were SO soft.

Now, back when I was leaking pretty much all day, every day, I couldn't keep nursing pads in my house long enough. I purchased disposable nursing pads (I tried almost every kind available on the market!) like crazy and soon realized I was creating such a waste! I did end up buying a few pairs of reusable nursing pads from the store, but they were horrible. They were incredibly stiff and scratchy....not something you want touching sore, leaking nipples! I did eventually buy a nicer pair, made by a work at home mom, but they were thick, which meant there was no hiding them discreetly under a shirt! I felt as though I was walking around with my boobs saying "look at me, look at me!"
My leaking has subsided greatly. In fact, I rarely leak now, but there are occasions when I go a long time without either nursing or pumping and the leaking starts!

After opening the WillowSprouts nursing pads, I couldn't wait to try them out. As soon as I could, I tossed those babies in my bra and my initial thought was that these were the softest things my nipples had ever felt. Feel free to laugh. But I'm not kidding. They feel better than my bra feels against my skin! I though "I must wear these every.single.day". And guess what? I did. I don't even want to admit how many days I wore them for. They are so slim, that I forgot that they were there! Now, of course I noticed them when it was time to nurse my daughter, but between feedings, I forgot I was wearing them!

And did I mention how soft they are? I can't believe I was missing out on these months ago when my boobies were flowing like Niagara Falls.

I did have a chance to leak while wearing these! I didn't plan it, it just happened! I woke up in the morning and knew instantly that I was leaking and that I had to feed Elena to relieve the pressure. But first, I needed to grab my nursing pads and slide them in my bra. Imagaine my surprise when I couldn't find them, gave up looking, and proceeded to feed the baby and found that the pads were already in my bra! Yes! They easily go unnoticed because they are so slim and soft. I felt the pads to see how they were holding up and they didn't feel the least bit damp! Because they are made from hemp, they absorb so much better than those cheap disposable pads....which I must mention, when the disposbles "absorb" milk, they also get big and thick. The WillowSprouts pads do not get big and thick after absorbing a lot of milk, the stay slim!

I also love that I can wear these and nobody has to know, as they do not show lines through your bra and shirt. I even asked my husband, "can you tell I have something in my bra? Do you see lines"? Yes, he thinks I am crazy :)

One more thing I have to mention. I ended up getting a blister on my nipple a short while ago and it hurt like crazy. I ended up grabbing the WillowSprouts nursing pad and using it in my bra to help protect the blister from rubbing against the inside of my bra. Because these nursing pads are so soft, it felt great against the blister until it slowly went away!

So, now that I have rambled on enough about these, wouldn't you like to get a pair for yourself? Well, you can! You can purchase a pair (or 2 or 3) from the Willow Store here.

Or, you can enter to win a pair here!

For all entries, please be sure to leave your email address so I have a way to contact you if you win!

In order to enter, you MUST visit the Willow Stores site, take a look around at their other products and then come back here and leave a comment stating what other products you would be interested in trying out. (This comment is required in order for additional entries to count!)

Want additional entries?!?! Be sure to leave a comment for each.

Follow this blog publicly....via the link in the side bar on the right.

Sign up to receive the Willow Stores Newsletter on their website.

Blog about this giveaway on your blog and leave a link to it.

That's a total of 4 ways to enter! This giveaway ends on Friday, April 16th, 2010 at noon, CST.

21 comments:

  1. I would love to try out the organic pillow. The little organic doll is adorable also!

    niklt34@ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is one cool store! I never even knew there were hemp supplies for monthly cycles. Definitely something to think about trying after LO arrives!
    Cori at anmllwyr@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving the doll!
    lv1482@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to try the Organic Hemp Pocket Diaper Inserts

    jilliebeanmh at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the organic hemp super wipes! I always use reusable wipe to clean up after meals and snacks and these sound like a great addition!
    Love all the info Wilma - you make me want to be greener everytime I read your blog!

    mdrewapnp@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to try any of their CD products! I'm not picky :) We love CD and anything to make it better/easier makes me a happy momma!

    sarahzizzo@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also follow your blog publicly! sarahzizzo@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to try out the knot doll. I've been wanting to either make one or buy one for Ben and the boys, but never get around to it.
    strawberrytwirl at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the cuddle time organic knot dolls are so cute!

    elainehearn@live.com
    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to try the organic feminine pads. Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to try the organic super wipes. amypugmire@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I follow your blog. amypugmire@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd like to try the Organic Hemp Pocket Diaper Inserts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to try the hemp prefolds and inserts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The super wipes look great!

    mommybknowsbest@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Following you on Google Friend

    mommybknowsbest@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love to try the postpartum kit!

    natalieworsham@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Following your blog!

    natalieworsham@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. i would be interested in the hemp inserts too. the products look great. hope i win :) my email is on my blog which is linked to my profile

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails