I have been a baby-food-making-machine! I don't know why, but I get so much satisfaction from making Elena's baby food. Each time I try a new food, I can't wait for the next three days when I can try another new food! I have been going through the recipes in my favorite baby-food cookbook like crazy. I think part of it, is that I am making her things I would have never known I could give a baby.....like herbs! Up until I started making her baby food, I always just assumed that baby food was plain and bland. I never even thought about introducing her to spices and herbs! But lo and behold, one of the things I have learned from the two cookbooks I have is that you can introduce herbs and spices to a baby just as you would any other new food...one at a time! So far Elena has had fresh mint (with green beans) and basil.
The latest "dish" I made for Elena was a combined concoction of millet, zucchini, apples and basil. As embarassing as it is to say, I had no idea what millet was!
I went to OutPost Foods though and looked around the bulk section until I found it. It's just a grain of some sort! A very healthy whole grain.
I never made/introduced Elena to rice cereal, so this was the first grain she ate. She loved it! I thought for sure that this was going to be the first food she spit out...but I was wrong. This girl loves her food! I relaly hope she continues to be a good eater!
Next, I am going to make her a dish containing plums and amaranth (again, another food that I had no idea what it was.....also a grain!). My sister in law gave me some organic plums, so I've already made a plum puree for the amaranth.



Do you taste all these concoctions? How are they?
ReplyDelete