CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 21, 2011

...with BIG boy food.


Ya know that feeling when you get a kitten or puppy and you think "oh my gosh, it's so cute and I wish it would stay this size forever and ever and ever", and then you jump up and down and squeal like a schoolgirl?

Yeah, that's how I feel about my kid. Emanuel.

My little sweet pea Emanuel is growing WAY too fast for me!

We started giving him BIG boy food at about 6.5 months (yes, I held off a little longer for selfish reasons). I thought I could stall time so that he wouldn't keep growing, but when that clearly didn't work I broke down and fed him.
Solid food.
Avocados to be exact.
He loved them.
I cried.
Ok, not really.
But I was secretly hoping he would look up at me and say "mom, I want to stay this size forever and ever and be your squishy little boy forever and ever".
But he didn't. (He did look up at me and think "hey, lady, shovel more of that food into my mouth, I am hungry"!)

So life goes on and since it does, I am back in the baby food making business! I dusted off the baby food cookbooks and got to cooking. I am following a similiar "path" as I did with Elena. First up was avocados. Fresh from Puerto Rico, I might add. He loved them. Next, we did the squashes (acorn and butternut), green peas, apples, sweet potatoes and I made some sort of "cereal"...it looks disgusting but he can't get enough of it.
He eats WAY more than Elena did and we thought she was a good eater!
The plan is that on Thanksgiving we will be giving him his first meat....steak.
Just kidding!
It will be turkey :D

Emanuel is also a big fan of those puffed treats. He is really fine tuning his pincer grasp, that's for sure!

I leave you with a picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails