Since I've only hinted at the theme of the room...I guess this would be the big reveal!
PENGUINS!
I made some penguin art using a large canvas and fabric...that's it! It cost a whopping $7 for the supplies and there is fabric left over, which will be used for another small art project in the room. Practically everything in the room is "recycled" - in the sense that we borrowed it, or it was previously used in the room when it existed as a guest bedroom. The only new stuff is baby related, like sheets, changing pad covers, etc.
Without further ado...here is the room - starting with Mr. Penguin!


Next up is the dresser/changing table area. The dresser is borrowed, as is the changing pad. We had the floating shelves in the room already, as well as all the picture frames. The 3-slot picture frame will have baby boys initials in them - which I hope to finish in the next few days. The small penguins are actually a 10-piece puzzle that is numbered from 1-10 and they nestle together. I split them up for a different look. The stuffed penguin on the shelf I picked up at the zoo!

The crib area - crib and mattress are borrowed too. Bought new sheets and a penguin pillow pet. Elena loves the pillow pet...so I see one in her future soon!

The book/toy shelf. Those colored tote bins still have random stuff in them...like cookbooks and camera accessories! I bought a bunch of penguin books - they are stacked on the bottom open shelf. The white ceiling tile will be hung above the shelf this week. Frames still need pictures....most likely will be baby pictures! That penguin rattle will end up in baby's bed I am sure.

The sitting area (it's located at the foot of the crib for reference). Pretty much everything in this corner we already owned, except the stuffed penguin (also from the zoo). We didn't really have anywhere else in the house to move the red chair to, so it gets to stay! Luckily it works with the overall theme. The square ottoman has a lid so we can store stuff inside of it. The damask curtains were what started the whole black/white theme back when the room was a guest bedroom...maybe not quite appropriate for a baby - but I LOVE them too much to get rid of them and don't have anywhere else in the house to use them.

That is pretty much it!
Now all we need is the baby!



I love it. It is classy, but still nice for a baby. Way to skip over the usual baby themes (pooh bear etc).
ReplyDelete