CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

...with anticipation!

I went to my 36-week prenatal appointment last Friday. My midwife checked me out and informed me that I am already 3cm dilated. HOLY WHAT?!?!?! I know that means nothing in the way of estimating when this boy will arrive. I could have been 0cm dilated and gone into labor that night. So 3cm means nothing really (other than the fact that when I do go into labor I am almost 1/3 of the way there...yay!). I could stay at 3cm until my due date (or after....PLEASE not after baby boy!) or I could dilate further in the next few weeks. With Elena I was 2cm at 36 weeks and by 39 wk 6 days I was 4cm already. So only time will tell. I haven't been having any real contractions yet, but I do have Braxton Hicks contractions all the time and they are getting stronger and almost uncomfortable. So all of this has sent me into overdrive to get things done earlier than originally planned. I am a planner. I like to have things done in a timely manner. The anticipation of what day this babe may or may not arrive on is driving me bonkers.

I don't want the house to be a mess when we leave for the hospital. I don't want the baby's room to be a complete mess. I don't want there to be a load of cloth diaper laundry sitting in the washing machine waiting to be dried when we head to the hospital.

Have I mentioned how much I hate anticipation? I hate NOT knowing the exact date this baby will arrive. I hate not knowing if I will be in a patient's room at work and my water will break. Will I be in the middle of grocery shopping when labor starts? Will my water break in public? Will it look like I peed my pants? I sound like a first time mom, huh?

Elena made this easy on me - labor started at home, in the evening and my water never broke. She also arrived on her due date...she must have known about her mama's issues with ANTICIPATION!

All I really know for sure, is that Baby #2 is getting closer and closer to arriving. While I am beyond excited and even secretly wish he came just a little early sometimes, I am also starting to feel the pressure of getting things done in time for his arrival.

Thankfully I was able to get all the freezer meals completed this past weekend, so that makes me feel somewhat accomplished...at least we won't starve after we come home with the little bambino! But the fact that I am still working on baby boy's room is another topic of concern. It's been a thorn in my side for weeks now. I mean, crib pieces are literally just lying on the floor. The dresser is put together, but nothing has been sorted and stored in it yet. It's also not in it's final resting place (because I don't know where I am going to put it until I know where the crib will fit). I am doing baby laundry today, so once that is done, I can start loading up the dresser drawers at least. The list goes on: I don't have a rug for the room yet, there are still wedding pics hanging on the wall that need to be replaced with more baby-friendly art work that's not even completed yet, the book shelf still has cookbooks and "adult decor" on it...*sigh*.

Now, I get that none of this is crucial in order to bring our child home...BUT... what's wrong with wanting the room to look complete when I bring our baby home and show him his room for the first time (like we did with Elena)...it's like a right of passage ;)

Because blog posts are boring without photos:
Elena wearing daddy's socks...as legwarmers???

Sharing her breakfast muffin with her "conejo" (bunny).

1 comment:

  1. Wow 3 already? Good work so far! I'm off so if your bored in the mean time or if Elena wants to have a playdate, call us, I'm sure Bella would enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails