CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 18, 2010

..with Elena's 15 month check-up!


My "baby" Elena Sofia is growing up ;(
While technically considered a toddler now I prefer to call her my baby still, and reserve the right to do so....because I'm her mama! I kinda hate the term toddler. It makes me think of the terrible two's and in turn that makes me think that anyone labeled as a toddler is "terrible". Not my sweet Elena. She is wonderful and sweet and comical!
Just yesterday we took her to the pediatrician for her 15-month check up. She now weighs.......drum roll please...19 pounds and 4.5 ounces and is 28.5 inches long. See, she's tiny, which is part of the reason it's so easy to think of her as a baby still. But a grown up baby. A baby who loves to talk, eat, dance and give kisses. Don't worry, we feed her. She is just petite like her mama and daddy. She is actually a great eater and eats a ton of food. At times we have to remind ourselves that her "bad days" of eating are still much better than many kids "good days" of eating. She loves acorn squash, yogurt, beans, bananas and pumpkin!
Elena is saying several words now - mama, dada, yes, no, hi, bye, more, all done, gracias, doggy, ni-night and a few others I am blanking on. She babbles all the time and even picks up our cell phone and has a conversation with "someone" on the other end. She is a funny girl, that's for sure.
Her latest favorite activity is dancing. She will dance whenever she hears music - regardless of if it's on the radio, overhead at the store, someone singing or a toy making noise. She knows where the power button is on the radio in our living room and turns it on and starts dancing. She can swing her hips better than I can. It's cute now....in 14 years - not so much ;)
Elena is pretty active. She loves to walk all over and is even running now! She tries to do sommersaults and is trying to climb up onto the furniture.
Elena is a sweetheart through and through. She gives great big hugs and loves to give us kisses. Even in the morning when I am tired and grouchy, she leans over and gives me a kiss - how can I not be happy about that!
So while it makes me sad to see her grow up so fast, I can't wait to see what she has in store for us!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe she's so big either! They grow so quickly, we were looking back at pictures of Bella and wondering where our baby had gone! This is such a fun stage and I'm glad to see you are embracing it to the fullest!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails