CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 8, 2010

...with the leftover eggroll wraps.


A while back I made homemade eggrolls and was left with a bunch of eggroll wrappers in the fridge. The eggrolls were good, but not something I wanted to make again. Everytime I opened the refridgerator door those darn eggroll wrappers were staring back at me. I didn't want to just throw them away, but I couldn't think of what to do with them.
Then, my CSA-sharing-buddy suggested I make mozzarella sticks with them! Why didn't I think of that? My husband LOVES mozarella sticks. If they are on the appetizer menu at any restaurant that we dine in, he orders them!
So, I made mozarella sticks...the easy way!
I bought mozarella string cheese and left them on the counter for about an hour so that they would hopefully melt better. I then wrapped one mozarella stick in each eggroll wrapper and fried them in some oil. The cheese melted perfectly!
I had some leftover pizza sauce that I warmed up in the microwave and TA-DA ~ homemade mozarella sticks with marinara! Yum!

2 comments:

  1. glad they turned out!! looks yummy, now I want some ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh man, why didn't you call me? They look yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails