My husband came home from work the other day and announced that he bought some farm fresh eggs from one of his coworkers who lives on a farm and raises chickens. I was so delighted that my husband did this, that I took a picture of the pretty little eggs!
I have been wanting to start purchasing more of our meat and dairy products more locally, but didn't know where to start. So thanks to my hubby, he started for me!
Not only did he bring home a dozen fresh eggs, he also brought home half a lamb that he purchased from the same coworker. We now have a freezer full of lamb steaks, chops and ground lamb meat. I can't wait to try out some new recipes using the lamb!



I've really been wanting to find somewhere to purchase farm fresh eggs! So jealous!! Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteEvery couple of months we pick up a 25lb box of frozen locally raised, pastured beef from a farm about 45 minutes away- http://www.prairiehillfarms.info/
ReplyDeleteThey also have eggs and in the summer, pastured whole chickens.