CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 9, 2011

...with the upcycled Christmas cards.

As I was packing up our Christmas decor yesterday I set all the greeting cards we received in the mail from family and friends aside. As a side note...the majority of the cards we received were actually photo cards - we had very few good ole fashioned Hallmark-esque cards!
Anywho, rather than throw the Christmas cards away, I had a plan to upcycle them. I took them down to my craft room in the basement and created gifts tags out of them for next year. This was the most simple project ever. I have stopped purchasing those sheets of sticky labels to signify who gets what gift (I am still using a few sheets that I purchased several years ago), so I figured I better start making them now. Since the cards were handy I decided to make them now and pack them up with the rest of the Christmas decor.
All I did to make these was rip the back half of the card apart from the front with the picture. I then used my Cuttlebug Die-Cutter and some scalloped circle dies in various sizes to cut the picture from the front of the card. Some of the cards were larger and I was able to get 2 gift tags from each.
After using the Cuttlebug to cut each tag I punched a small hole in the top of the tag and threaded some ribbon thru it. That was it. Easy-peasy. Took about 5 minutes to do and I was able to make 10 tags.
Here are the finished gift tags!

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! We only got photo cards this year, which I love! I cut the pictures out and frame them so I can enjoy them all year long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea. As I was throwing out my stack this year I was thinking that there must be some way to reuse them. Next year I must come and use this Cuttlebug you speak of ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to do this but I don't have a Cuttlebug or a large punch. I do have a %40 coupon for a Marthat Stewart item at Michaels though, so I should go get one. One of the BIG punches!
    Or I could bring them your house and do them there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails