CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 9, 2010

...with Elena's first birthday PARTY!



Last Thursday (August 5th) was Elena's first birthday! Wow, it's amazing how FAST the first year really goes. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was pregnant with her, going into labor, and then delivering her! The entire week of her birthday was bittersweet for me. I was happy to see how happy, healthy and grown up she has become in just the first year, but also so incredibly sad that she technically is no longer a baby. I want my baby to stay this little forever. This happy forever. This funny and squeezable and laughable and giggly and everything forever! But I know it can't happen. I am okay with that, because from what I am told, it just keeps getting better and better and better from here on out......until the teenage years I suppose!
Elena has accomplised a lot in her first year, as most babies do. We couldn't be more proud of her. I must say though, I think she has spoiled us as parents because....dare I say it.....she's such an easy baby! She has always been a great sleeper and still is. She loves food. She is so happy and rarely gets irritable and if she does, there's usually good reason for it (tired, hungry etc).
In honor of her first year of life, the hubs and I threw her a party with some family and friends. The day was great (a little hot) but everyone had a great time.
I didn't go crazy with the party. No theme, no decorations (except for a reusable fabric pennant banner that my sister sewed!), no party favors. I just didn't want to create any extra waste and for unnecessary things to get thrown away (party favors-you know you all throw it out when you get home!).
I did try to be as "green" as possible. I bought compostable plates. The menu was "hands friendly", no forks required! We served deli sandwiches, chicken wings, fruit (strawberries, blueberries and watermelon), chips, and caprese salad on a stick. I was so busy with setting everything up that I forgot to take pictures of the food :(
For dessert, I made mini organic cupcakes from my Petit Appetit Cookbook.
It was a simple party. Good food. Good drinks. Good friends and most importantly, a BIRTHDAY GIRL!
Here are some pics from Elena's party!










2 comments:

  1. Happy First Birthday Elena! It was your momma and I being pregnant at the same time that brought us to get to know each other and become friends. So I'm thankful that you are such a bright, cute, funny, silly girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Elena! Glad we could share in the celebration :) Who knew 11 years ago when I met your mom that I would be going to your 1st birthday party!?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails